Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Follow Us on Google+ Follow Us on Pinterest Follow Us on Tumblr Visit our YouTube Channel Subscribe to our Feed Subscribe via FriendFeed

Connect With Us

Can I Correct An Error On My Credit Report

by Jim ONeil on June 1, 2011

in credit history

Subscribing to some sort or credit monitoring service is always a good idea because it allows a person to see all activity on their report. In addition, the company also sends alerts anytime something new is reported to the credit agencies and posted on your report, be it positive or negative.

If there is an error, it is important to have this removed as soon as possible, especially when the error is negative.

When viewing the credit report and spotting an error, make note of the credit agency that is listing the negative information. The three major companies for credit reporting are Equifax, Experian, and TransUnion. Contact them directly with the disputed information and they will investigate the matter.

Some of these sites will actually have a link on their sites where the report can be filed, making the process that much easier. If subscribing to a credit monitoring service, the report should be able to be filed directly from the site as it should be a part of the monthly fee.

In most cases, you will be able to click “dispute” on whatever credit item you are challenging and then will be walked through the step-by-step process of filing the complaint.

Comments on this entry are closed.

Previous post:

Next post: